What this is all about...

A quarter life crisis is a real thing. I know this because myself, and my best girlfriends, are going through it right now. This blog is dedicated to the day to day banalities/craziness of those quarter life crises. For those of you with questions, the qlc is when you realize that you have to be Responsible. It is when the job you accept is the beginning of a Career Path. It is when the guy/girl you date might be The One. It is when you get pushed out of the nest and you have to flap your wings enough to cushion the fall. Perhaps your thirties are when you get to fly?
The question isn't who is going to let me; 
it's who is going to stop me.
-Ayn Rand

Friday, December 17, 2010

Items In My Purse

My purse seemed to get heavier and heavier these days. It’s one of those largish (but not really big) purses girls carry around and are always digging through because their keys or sunglasses or tampons have disappeared into a black hole. I bought this particular purse in the Wednesday street market in Italy and have been using it ever since. Which is actually kind of sad considering my giant collection of designer bags. Beautiful Coach purses and Marc Jacobs clutches are going unused while my $20 Italian purse gets toted around the city. For the record the majority of my expensive bags are from designer outlets and/or silent auctions – I’m not a millionaire.

So I set about cleaning out this wonderful purse. Shock set in as I looked down at the table. Actually, all the contents didn’t fit on the table – some had spilled to the couch. If any guy has ever wondered how we fill up those huge bags, here is how it happens:

  • 1 pair of socks (I was going to workout but didn’t)
  • 1 pair of gloves
  • Ear warmers
  • 2 tubes of sun block (really not useful anymore….)
  • 1 container of body butter
  • 1 small bottle of face moisturizer
  • 1 spare set of contacts
  • 1 pack of antacids from Thailand
  • 1 peanut peanut butter Kashi granola bar
  • Compact
  • PBR cap
  • Pack of gum
  • Life sunglasses
  • 3 tampons
  • 1 USB memory stick
  • 1 chapstick
  • 3 lip glosses (different colors)
  • 1 top of a stir stick from Sri Lanka
  • iTouch
  • headphones
  • cell phone
  • roll of prewrap
  • 1 small notebook from Thailand
  • 1 mini pencil from IKEA in Italy
  • 3 pens
  • 1 sharpie
  • 1 hair clip
  • 3 bobby pins
  • 1 watch
  • 3 movie ticket stubs
  • 1 ticket stub to Shedd Aquarium
  • 2 business cards
  • 1 headband
  • camera
  • 5 drink tickets for the club I worked at in Italy
  • 1 Shaum Party card for the club I worked at in Italy
  • 1 customs form from a package I shipped to My Husband
  • 1 contact order form from the eye doctor
  • 3 gas receipts
  • 1 smaller purse – ID, money, lip gloss inside that
  • 1 wallet – credit cards, money, business cards, change
  • 10 quarters for parking meters
  • 1 hotel key for “Air Force Inns” in Aviano
  • I visitor pass for Aviano Air Base in Italy
  • 1 library book
As you can see, that's a bit more than an American girl needs to get her through the day. There's not much too this post; I just figured guys would be shocked to know what can go in our purses, and girls would get a laugh because they've all been there. I did a little bit of important cleaning and now walking around with my purse isn't equivalent to working out at the gym. 

1 comment:

  1. You're hilarious! I can't believe all of that was in your purse.

    ReplyDelete