What this is all about...

A quarter life crisis is a real thing. I know this because myself, and my best girlfriends, are going through it right now. This blog is dedicated to the day to day banalities/craziness of those quarter life crises. For those of you with questions, the qlc is when you realize that you have to be Responsible. It is when the job you accept is the beginning of a Career Path. It is when the guy/girl you date might be The One. It is when you get pushed out of the nest and you have to flap your wings enough to cushion the fall. Perhaps your thirties are when you get to fly?
The question isn't who is going to let me; 
it's who is going to stop me.
-Ayn Rand

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

25 New Things To Do Before Turning 25


In Italy this summer I met an Australian girl and we had a blast partying for a few days.  Thanks to Facebook we’ve been able to stay in touch. This year is her Golden Birthday (when your age is the same as the day you were born) when she turns 25 on December 25th. In honor of living a quarter of a century, she is either going to do something she has never done, or go somewhere she has never been before, on each day leading up to her birthday. I wish I had come up with this idea (I turn 25 on November 26th) but as a lifetime procrastinator I’ll just steal the idea and make a “26 New Things To Do Before Turning 26” list. I commend her for committing to do so many new things, and so I decided to share her list with all of you.

25 New Things To Do Before Turning 25
December 1st
First of Summer Backyard BBQ
*Remember, it is the beginning of summer in Australia! They are so lucky! I am also a little sad that she has never had a BBQ…she has obviously never lived in Wisconsin.

December 2nd
Busking in public…all money will be donated to National Breast Cancer Foundation
*Busking means singing for money in Australian.

December 3rd
Go stargazing.

December 4th
Invent a cocktail.
*This is one of my favorites. I invented a shot once called The Green Monkey with equal parts Goldschlager and Apple Pucker. It was alright.

December 5th
Farming Firsts
*Not totally sure what this means….I’ll get back to you with clarification. I’m guessing it means working on a farm?

December 6th
Spend the afternoon with someone over 100 years old.
*I also like this one a lot. I’m not sure where she is going to find this individual but I think this will be a great day.

December 7th
Dress and act like a Bogan Man
*I looked this term up….I think it is the equivalent of an American Red Neck minus the country music.

December 8th
Swim in a waterfall.

December 9th
 Inaugural Joggling Race
*This was my idea….I am SO excited to see her videos. Joggling is when you jog and juggle at the same time!
Check out joggling at:

December 10th
Enjoy a 5 course backwards dinner
*That just sounds like fun. Who doesn’t want to eat dessert first?

December 11th
Go to Imperial in Coonabarabran
*Coonabarabran is an Aboriginal town where her boyfriend is from originally.

December 12th
Have wilderness sex in Coonabarabran
*Good thing it is summer down there.

December 13th
Learn a magic trick.

December 14th
Get a Brazilian wax.

December 15th
Go yabbying.
*I needed the Australian translation here. She said to check out this video:

December 16th
Sing karaoke at the staff Christmas party.
*This one is a bold move. Who remembers me being banned from doing karaoke at Stadium Bar?

December 17th
Take a pole dancing lesson.
*I wish Eadie could give her the lesson. She tried to teach me in Croatia this summer and it was hilarious.

December 18th
Go to Sydney for high tea at the Cupcakery.
*Paige would love to do this. Check out the website at: http://www.sparklecupcakery.com.au/

December 19th
Have a girls only princess lunch at a winery in Sydney.
*I really need to have a princess lunch at some point in my own life. Check out the website at: http://thegazebos.com.au/winery/

December 20th
Take a surf lesson.
*I would do this just to look at the other surfers.

December 21st
Have a highlighter bowling party at Starlight Bowling Bar.
*A highlighter party means wearing highlighter colors.

December 22nd
Walk from Cogee Beach to Bondi Beach.
*I looked this up…apparently it takes about 2 hours. I would like to point out here how jealous I am that she gets to be at a beach and we are getting ready for winter.

December 23rd
Introduce her boyfriend to someone named Davo.
*This one doesn’t mean a lot to me….I’ll have to get clarification on who Davo is. Or maybe it is a food? A sex move? A childhood pet?

December 24th
Have a Final Countdown Party.
*I think this is just an excuse for a party. Which I applaud.

December 25th
Volunteer at a soup kitchen.

So there it is. Her list of 25 New Things To Do Before Turning 25. I wish I was Down Under to help her celebrate, but I guess I'll just look at the photos and laugh at videos. Gives you something to think about though right? What sort of stuff do you wish you would do before your next birthday? When you are bored at work, or needing a distraction from calling that boy who is blowing you off, make one of your own lists! Use it as an excuse to get out there and try something new!

1 comment:

  1. Haha "Eadie" is loving the shout out... but feels that as my birthday is the 9th and I turned 9 quite a while ago, I've kinda missed the boat here!

    ReplyDelete