What this is all about...

A quarter life crisis is a real thing. I know this because myself, and my best girlfriends, are going through it right now. This blog is dedicated to the day to day banalities/craziness of those quarter life crises. For those of you with questions, the qlc is when you realize that you have to be Responsible. It is when the job you accept is the beginning of a Career Path. It is when the guy/girl you date might be The One. It is when you get pushed out of the nest and you have to flap your wings enough to cushion the fall. Perhaps your thirties are when you get to fly?
The question isn't who is going to let me; 
it's who is going to stop me.
-Ayn Rand

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

25 New Things To Do Before Turning 25 - Updated with Clarifications

Here is my friend's list of 25 New Things To Do Before Turning 25 updated with clarifications. All her tasks are explained. The list ranges from funny, to meaningful, to embarrassing, to silly. 
On a related note, I am currently reading "The Next Thing on My List" by Jill Smolinski. The main character is undertaking a similar list - but she is completing it for someone else. I won't give anything away, but it is completely hilarious, heartwarming and a book anyone in their QLC won't be able to put down. 


25 New Things To Do Before Turning 25


December 1st
First of Summer Backyard BBQ
*She has eaten at a bbq, and prepared food one. She just never has hosted a bbq before. 


December 2nd
Busking in public…all money will be donated to National Breast Cancer Foundation
*Busking means singing for money in Australian.


December 3rd
Go stargazing.


December 4th
Invent a cocktail.
*She is going to name it the Candi Striper. It's a red and white layered drink and as soon as she gets it just right I will post the recipe here for all of you!


December 5th
Farming Firsts
*She moved from Sydney out to the country recently, so she is going to do all the things kids who grew up on a farm would do. This includes everything from mustering cattle on a horse, putting in a fence post and swinging on a rope into the river. Then she is going to cook dinner using hot coals in a hole covered with dirt.


December 6th
Spend the afternoon with someone over 100 years old.
*I also like this one a lot. I’m not sure where she is going to find this individual but I think this will be a great day.


December 7th
Dress and act like a Bogan Man
*Apparently this means they will wear flannel shirts, sit on crates and drink beer. They will also have a "we are so powerful" attitude. This will be completed on a school day lol


December 8th
Swim in a waterfall.


December 9th
Inaugural Joggling Race
*This was my idea….I am SO excited to see her videos. Joggling is when you jog and juggle at the same time!
Check out joggling at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s61H643nL5I


December 10th
Enjoy a 5 course backwards dinner
*That just sounds like fun. Who doesn’t want to eat dessert first?


December 11th
Go to Imperial in Coonabarabran
*Coonabarabran is an Aboriginal town where her boyfriend is from originally.


December 12th
Have wilderness sex in Coonabarabran
*Good thing it is summer down there.


December 13th
Learn a magic trick.


December 14th
Get a Brazilian wax.


December 15th
Go yabbying.
*I needed the Australian translation here. She said to check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D69D3R52_L8


December 16th
Sing karaoke at the staff Christmas party.
*I still think this is one of the scariest ones.


December 17th
Take a pole dancing lesson.
*I wish Eadie could give her the lesson. She tried to teach me in Croatia this summer and it was hilarious.


December 18th
Go to Sydney for high tea at the Cupcakery.
*Check out the website at: http://www.sparklecupcakery.com.au/


December 19th
Have a girls only princess lunch at a winery in Sydney.
*I really need to have a princess lunch at some point in my own life. Check out the website at: http://thegazebos.com.au/winery/


December 20th
Take a surf lesson.
*I would do this just to look at the other surfers.


December 21st
Have a highlighter bowling party at Starlight Bowling Bar.
*A highlighter party means wearing highlighter colors.


December 22nd
Walk from Cogee Beach to Bondi Beach.
*I looked this up…apparently it takes about 2 hours. I would like to point out here how jealous I am that she gets to be at a beach and we are getting ready for winter.


December 23rd
Introduce her boyfriend to Davo.
*Davo was one of her best friends who died while rock climbing in Jordan a few years ago. In December she visits his grave in Sydney as his birthday is December 3rd, and she has a beer with him. She has been dating her boyfriend for 1.5 years and she wishes they had met before Davo died. So this year he is going to go with her to visit him. 


December 24th
Have a Final Countdown Party.
*I think this is just an excuse for a party. Which I applaud.


December 25th
Volunteer at a soup kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment