What this is all about...

A quarter life crisis is a real thing. I know this because myself, and my best girlfriends, are going through it right now. This blog is dedicated to the day to day banalities/craziness of those quarter life crises. For those of you with questions, the qlc is when you realize that you have to be Responsible. It is when the job you accept is the beginning of a Career Path. It is when the guy/girl you date might be The One. It is when you get pushed out of the nest and you have to flap your wings enough to cushion the fall. Perhaps your thirties are when you get to fly?
The question isn't who is going to let me; 
it's who is going to stop me.
-Ayn Rand

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Challenge of the Week

I spent this weekend making favorite recipes and learning some new ones from my mom. I currently have a beef stew on the stove and some loaves of oatmeal pumpkin bread just came out of the oven. I'm sipping on a homemade smoothie while staring at the bread, willing it to cool faster so I can cut off a piece, slather on some butter, and enjoy the resulting ecstasy.


This leads to my challenge of the week:

Try out a new recipe and share the results with a good friend. Throw in some wine (or a non-alcoholic drink) and make it a reason to get together with someone you care about.


If you need some ideas check out www.food.com and search for anything and everything you could want to make. If you really want a challenge ditch the recipes on the back of boxes and cook it from scratch. Even if it is a disaster it will be a funny story to tell later! If you need help give your mom or grandma a call....they will certainly love to hear from you and give you some good tips. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the challenge of the week should be to go without electricity for 36 hours...that means no computers (once your battery dies), no tv, no radio (unless battery operated) you get my drift....if that becomes a challenge I officially completed it. It was rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you share your oatmeal pumpkin bread with me? I made some pumpkin feta muffins yesterday and shared them at work today!

    ReplyDelete