What this is all about...

A quarter life crisis is a real thing. I know this because myself, and my best girlfriends, are going through it right now. This blog is dedicated to the day to day banalities/craziness of those quarter life crises. For those of you with questions, the qlc is when you realize that you have to be Responsible. It is when the job you accept is the beginning of a Career Path. It is when the guy/girl you date might be The One. It is when you get pushed out of the nest and you have to flap your wings enough to cushion the fall. Perhaps your thirties are when you get to fly?
The question isn't who is going to let me; 
it's who is going to stop me.
-Ayn Rand

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Challenge of the Week

I hope all my American friends had a wonderful holiday weekend! This week's challenge was inspired by the fact that a lot of people ate way too much this weekend (and probably drank too much), and that it is getting colder and more depressing outside. Well, my Costa Rican and Aussie friends are enjoying some nice weather, but everyone else is starting to bundle up and the thought of even running errands is weighed against how terrible it will be to actually go outside. So here is the challenge of the week:

Workout for 20 minutes at least three times this week.


Some of my friends will find this incredibly easy to accomplish - but I know there are a few of you out there who haven't used that gym membership you're paying for in months. If you don't have a membership that doesn't let you off the hook though. Search Google or Youtube for some workouts and you'll find ones you can do around your apartment or house. Even just taking your dog for a longer stroll is healthy for both you and your pet. Those of you who say you don't work out for lack of time, think about 20 minutes you spend in front of your computer checking Facebook each day, or watching a TV show you don't even really like. Honestly, you will feel really good if you keep active, and this is a great time to get into the routine with winter just around the corner.


If you are already a gym rat then make sure you commit to the schedule you envision this week. Today I told myself that I am going to go to 4 workout classes this week. I know which ones they will be and I'm already a little afraid - but I'm going to do it! I'll even post about it because seriously, these classes kick my butt. If I, Miss Procrastinator Extraordinaire, can commit to a workout schedule, then everyone else can too! Get those feet moving and the endorphins flowing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment